Saturday, October 17, 2009

Into the Night

On Saturday the 10th I got the opportunity to do a night shoot with the Chiflickr meetup group. I left my place around 5:15 and got to the Wrigley Building just about sunset. Took a few pictures and then walked across the street to the appointed meeting area. Even with temps in the upper thirties we had around twenty people show up. I think this may be the largest meetup group I've participated. We waited til 6:35 and then headed south across the Michigan Avenue Bridge and down the stairs to the river level.

We spent about an hour shooting between Michigan and State street bridges and then decided to walk over the the Chicago Theatre Marquee. We took a group picture just south of the marquee with it in the background. We then walked over to wabash to watch L trains pass and take photos of the streaking trains. It was almost 9 by this point and it was obvious that we wouldn't make all the goals of the shoot so we walked back north to Wacker Drive shooting along the way and then over by the Merchandise Mart from there we walked north on Orleans and down the stair to Kinzie, our final location was on the Kinzie street bridge shooting south.

Since we were fairly close to Halsted I decided to walk Kinzie to Milwaukee and Milwaukee to Halsted for the #8 bus home. It seems to take forever but I was finally home at 10:30. This was such a great shoot, below is some of my favorites.





2 comments:

Denise said...

ke a great meet up!

Brokecompsoul said...

Thanks Denise! It was a lot of fun :)