Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fit to be Tied





A change of weather came today, after a hot and muggy Saturday, a cool front came in, and the humidity is gone! This allowed me to make a nice walk. I loosly based this on a walk that Forgotten Chicago did back in June. I took the Halsted bus to Grand and walked west until I got to Paulina. I then started to follow the path of the Forgotten Chicago walk. This walk zigzagged across Westtown with the walk ending at Division and Wood. I then took a Damen bus back to 35th and Archer and a 35th bus home.

This walk featured several tied houses. A tied house was a tavern that was tied to a particular brewery. The pictures above all feature two houses tied to Schlitz. The one at Grand and Damen is in the worst shape and all the lettering from the ball is missing. The walk also featured a Peter Hand tied house as well as a Val Blatz house (not pictured)

No comments: