Sunday, January 25, 2009

Comfort Food



Another weekend and another cold snap. Saturday's high was only 12. With this in mind, when I left work on Friday, I headed straight to Jewel on Roosevelt and picked up groceries. I already had the pot roast so I needed some carrots and potatos and the can of French Onion soup.
I got up at 3:00 am on Saturday and started to assemble the ingredients for the crockpot. Dump the half of the bag of carrots in the bottom. Then cut 2 potatos into slices and layer them on top. I then put the pot roast in the pot and poured the soup on top. Fianlly spices and cover. Seven hours later the goodness was ready, as seen in the top photo!
Today I used the crockpot to make beef vegtable soup. It came out very good but no pictures!

1 comment:

Tom Gill said...

It's almost 10PM, I saw this post and now I need to fix myself something to eat!