Thursday, April 3, 2008

First Wave


Parts1, originally uploaded by kendoman26.

My first order of parts have arrived. They include a 650w power supply with a cool blue led light in the fan. 4GB of DDR2 800 memory with heat spreaders and a Western Digital 500GB hard drive.

Since my last post, the "lost" case has shown up. I ordered the "lost" case on Good Friday and hadn't heard anything. So when I saw the cool case at Best Buy I bought the "Black Beauty." So now I have two cases. The "lost" case has a blue front, so I've named it Lost Blue.

With two cases I face a dilemma, which one for the build? We'll I think I'll put these parts in Black Beauty and in a few months raise the cash for the xeon machine. Then, at that time move the current parts into Lost Blue and put the new parts in Black Beauty. Still with me? This sounds like fun.

2 comments:

Tom Gill said...

I guess that's not a bad dilemma after all. You'll get two great computers out of the deal...unless you're going to sell the parts from one to get the other working. Then, at least you'll have a new machine again.

Win Win situation.

Brokecompsoul said...

I'm looking forward to these projects. I finally have the coin to do proper builds.