Wednesday, January 16, 2008

First Lutheran Church of the Trinity

This is the first in a series were I'll explore the churches of Bridgeport.

First up is the First Lutheran Church of the Trinity located two blocks north from my apartment I have a good view of the steeple from my kitchen window. The church has seen better days and I don't think there is much of a membership left. Some windows are broken and the shutters need repair. On Sunday's in extreme weather service is actually held in a newer structure just to the west of the church.

The current building dates from 1913 and the front reminds me of the churches located in Christmas snow villages.

2 comments:

Tom Gill said...

When churches were churches! Nice.

I've been meaning to get to the north side and capture some of those HUGE churches before they disappear.

Looking forward to the whole series.

Pastor Tom Gaulke said...

trinity is growing, sir. you should check it out. sundays at 10:30.