Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lincoln Park Zoo - A Prison for Animals or Something Better?

On Sunday I decided to spend sometime at the free Lincoln Park Zoo. I'm not sure if the economy is to blame or something else but I sort of feel sorry for the animals there. I know over the past 5 or 6 years there has been problems at Lincoln Park but I don't know if the worst is behind them. Lincoln Park Zoo lost all of it's Elphants a few years back and I guess they're not going to replace them.







Here is the tiger. Why is there a cardboard box in his area?








Granted I arrived around 10:30 and most of the animals still looked very sleepy. I'm not sure if that was because of the weather or not but the Big Cats all looked lazy and the male lion looks bad as below.

The only animals to look playful were the other primates the chimps and gorillas. Here's a gorilla foraging.





I planning to go back when the weather cools a bit maybe the animals will be more active in September.

2 comments:

Tom Gill said...

Let's hope the animals were just tired and/or hot. The box was probably something for the lion to play with - I hope.

Brokecompsoul said...

I'm hoping for the best