Saturday, April 25, 2009

Suddenly Summer


Friday was the first 80 degree day in the area since early October of last year. It was a great day to explore nature. The above photo is one of the falls at Mathiessen State Park.

The day started early with me leaving my place around 5:30 and arriving at Archer and Harlem around 6:20. I meet up with Tom before seven and then we went out to visit Matthiessen and Starved Rock state parks. It was a great day to be about shooting all sorts of natural stuff. The highlight was the waterfalls at both parks. There is something magical about the falling water. We were lucky we recieved so much rain earlier in the week.

We spent the morning at Matthiessen and the afternoon at Starved Rock. It was time to leave at three and with all the traffic and the long bus ride back from Harlem and finally arrived at my place a little after six. I was tired, a little wet and the sweat made me feel dirty, but it was a fun day and I have no regrets.

No comments: